We're just 4 days away from the 9th annual National Immigrant Integration Conference (NIIC) 2016 -- WE THE PEOPLE -- in Nashville,TN! We've got an incredible lineup of speakers, panels, plenaries, workshops, performances, film screenings, and much more. Check our conference schedule page for a full list of events!
Advanced registration for NIIC closes out at midnight (12:00AM CT) -- for your last chance at advanced registration rates, don't delay! Register online here.
Can't way to see you in Music City!
Stephanie Teatro, Tennessee Immigrant and Refuge Rights Coalition
Lindsey Harris, Tennessee Immigrant and Refuge Rights Coalition
Tara Raghuveer, National Partnership for New Americans
Cynthia Greenberg, National Immigrant Integration Conference
PS. See below for information on our plenaries featuring leaders in immigrant and refugee rights and integration, civil rights, and social justice.
Coming up at NIIC 2016: WE THE PEOPLE
Sunday, December 11
2:30 PM - 3:30 PM (Free)
An introduction by Caroline Randall Williams, Author of Soul Food Love and keynote address from Eddie Huang, chef and owner of Baohaus and author of Fresh Off the Boat.
Monday, December 12
9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
A Welcome by Nashville Mayor Megan Barry; introductory Remarks by Emmylou Harris, singer/songwriter and Jesuit Refugee Service Ambassador; and panel discussion moderated by Stephanie Teatro, Co-Executive Director of the Tennessee Immigrant and Refuge Rights Coaltion featuring:
- David Lubell, Executive Director of Welcoming America
- Suman Raghunathan, Executive Director of South Asian Americans Leading Together
- Azadeh Shahshahani, Legan and Advocacy Director of the Project South
- Elandria Williams, Education Coordinator of Highland Research and Education Center
12:15 PM - 1:45 PM
A Keynote address from David Miliband, President and CEO of the International Rescue Committee and panel discussion moderated by Deepak Bhargava, Executive Director of the Center for Community Change, featuring:
- Kalia Abiade, Program Director of the Pillars Fund
- Maria Elena Durazo, General Vice President for Immigration, Civil Rights, and Diversity of UNITE HERE
- Ambassador Carlos Sada, Ambassador of Mexico to the United States
Tuesday, December 13
8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
An introduction by Elandria Williams
, Education Coordinator of Highland Research and Education Center and panel discussion moderated by Ashantia "Tia" Oso, National Organizer of the Black Alliance for Just Immigration featuring:
- Francesca Menes, Director of Policy and Advocacy of the Florida Immigrant Coalition
- Amaha Kassa, Executive Director of African Communities Together
- Representative-elect Ilhan Omar, Minnesota House Representative
- Jonathan Jayes-Green, Coordinator of the UndocuBlack Network
3:00 PM - 4:15 PM
An introduction by Tara Raghuveer, Deputy Director of the National Partnership for New Americans and panel discussion moderated by Dr. Manuel Pastor, Director of the Center for the Study of Immigrant Integration at the University of Southern California featuring:
- Nisha Agarwal, Commissioner of the New York City Mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs
- Cristina Jimenez, Executive Director and Co-Founder of United We Dream
- Eva Millona, Executive Director of Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition and NPNA Co-chair
- Angelica Salas, Executive Director of the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles and NPNA Executive Committee Member